The Document Activity Email Notification Report gives administrators additional insight into the email notification lifecycle. With increased visibility, admins can confirm and be reassured that the appropriate document activity notification emails have been sent to the right people.
Administrators can see emails that have been sent, or are pending to be sent, within the last 30 days.
The report can answer the following questions:
- Did document notification emails go out to my users?
- Did a specific user receive a document notification email?
- What documents were included in the emails?
To run the report:
- Select from the reports filters.
Select a Group to filter the report for a specific group. By default, all groups are displayed.
Select a Company to filter the report for a specific group. By default, all companies are displayed.
Select an Email Type. By default, both Immediate and Digest emails are displayed.
Select an Email Status. By default, Pending, Sending, Sent and Failed emails are displayed.
- Pending emails are in a queue, waiting for the user’s digest time to be sent. For example, if the user’s digest time is set to daily at 8AM, and it’s currently 3PM, the email will be in Pending status until the following day at 8AM, at which point its status will change to Sent.
- Sending emails are waiting for the servers to send. This typically only happens for a few seconds when there is a large queue of emails to be sent.
- Sent emails have reached the intended user.
- Failed emails have failed to reach the target email address.
- Select a Date Range for the report. Note that this report may only be run for the past 30 days of activity.
- Click Run Report.
To preview the sent email:
- Once the report has been run, from the Email Subject column, click the email subject you want to preview.
- A preview of the email and its documents appears.
Q: I don’t see activity for a user I archived or removed from the project.
A: Activity for users that have been removed or archived from a project is not visible in the Document Email Notification report.
Q: I don’t want a notification to be sent. It’s in Pending status. Can I cancel an email from being sent?
A: There are two ways to cancel pending email notifications:
- If you want to cancel a specific user's pending email notification, you can deactivate the user in the Groups & Users tab. This will cancel all pending emails for the user.
- If you want to cancel every user's pending email notification, you can disable the "Document Activity Notifications" checkbox in the project's Settings > Options tab.