The Document Activity by User report tracks users’ activity on documents. This report gives Project Managers and Administrators the ability to audit as well as see how users are interacting with the documents in the data room.
- Audit whether users have seen materials that were shared with them, allowing for transparency throughout a due diligence or compliance process.
- Helps sell-side advisors know which documents each individual on the buy-side has seen, informing their follow-up strategy and readiness.
- Mitigate potential leaks by identifying users that have downloaded a particular document.
- Helps administrators track down who deleted or removed a document from a project.
This report can be filtered by group, company, activity type, and date range. Each entry includes user name, group, company, activity date and time, activity type, folder path, and document title
- Document View
- Displays which documents each user has viewed within the chosen time period.
- Document Save
- Displays which documents each user has saved (individually) within the chosen time period.
- Document Upload
- Displays which documents each user has uploaded within the chosen time period, including folder path.
- Document Bulk Download
- Displays which documents were included in each users’ bulk download within the chosen time period.
- Document Print
- Displays which documents have been printed from the data room by each user within the chosen time period.
- Document Copy
- Displays documents that were copied into the project via Copy Project within the chosen time period.
- New: Delete
- Displays which documents have been deleted by each user within the chosen time period.
- New: Remove
- Displays which documents have been moved to a different project by each user within the chosen time period.
- Add Version
- Displays documents uploaded as a version by each user within the chosen time period.
- Delete Version
- Displays document versions that have been deleted by each user within the chosen time period.
Tracking Downloaded Documents
You can track the activity of downloaded documents as long as document protection options that require a plug-in are applied. Since the plug-in facilitates communication between the user’s computer and Firmex to apply the protections, activity such as document views and prints are also recorded. These protections are Lock to Computer, Expire Access, and Disable Print.
Identifying Deleted and Removed Documents
Document titles will appear as a link that redirects you to the document location in the data room. However, if a document has been deleted or removed, it will appear as regular greyed out text.
Deleted document activity remains in the reports for transparency and maintenance of an audit trail, similar to the activity for deactivated users.
To achieve the highest possible level of data quality, it is recommended that Administrators remember to maintain consistent naming conventions for companies as they add users to the data room. Any variations in spelling will be added to the reports as a different company.
Exporting to Excel
Each report can be exported to excel by clicking the X icon at the top right of the report.