A project Contributor, Manager, or Administrator may upload documents and folders to Firmex. The different methods of uploading to Firmex are:
- Drag-and-drop folders and documents (through web browser or Desktop application)
- Importing a list of folders via spreadsheet
- Email In documents
- Creating folders manually
Drag-and-drop folders and documents
You can drag and drop folders and documents up to 10GB at a time within the browser:
- Ensure the desired folder is selected (either Document Sharing or pre-existing folder)
- Select folders (with or without documents) on your C:/drive
- Drag them to the middle of the screen
- Select upload
- Refresh once complete
For larger uploads, try our Document Exchange for Desktop.
Import request list
Most often the import spreadsheet is used alongside a request list document provided by a buyer or the investment bank.
Simply download the template, paste and arrange the hierarchy of your request list, and then upload it into Firmex. See this article for more detail.
Email In documents
Set up a staging folder in your project that can receive emailed in documents. In the folder's Edit Details menu, and save the Email Attachments to Folder option.
Anyone with a Content Role of Contributor or higher can email or forward documents straight from their inbox to the VDR. Once reviewed, the documents can be moved to the live folder structure. See this article for more detail.
Create folders manually
You can build out your folder structure manually as well. First, you'll want to make an index (also called a directory):
- In the Documents tab, right-click Document Sharing on the left
- Select Add Index (or Add Directory)
- Name the index and click enter
To add folders and sub-folders within the index:
- Right-click the folder you'd like to build out
- Select Add Folder
- Name the folder and click enter
The numbering schema can be changed in the Settings tab. See this article for instructions: Numbering settings and schema
- Visibility of information in your project
- What is Email In and why should I use it?
- Import request list via spreadsheet
- Document Exchange for Desktop
- Truncation when downloading documents