Step 1 - Create an application
- Log in to Azure Entra as an administrator using this URL (https://entra.microsoft.com/#home).
- From the left pane, navigate to Identify > Application > Enterprise application > All Application.
- Select New application.
- From the Browse Microsoft Entra Gallery page, search for and select the Firmex VDR application.
- Select Add from the gallery and in the search box type Firmex VDR.
- Enter a name that you want to use to recognize the instance of the application. For example, Firmex VDR SSO.
Step 2 - Set up SSO
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications and locate the newly added Firmex VDR application.
- Select the application and select Set up Single Sign-On under Getting Started.
- From the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
- Then, on the Set-up single sign-on with SAML page, click Edit under the Basic SAML Configuration panel.
- Set the following parameters:
- Identifier: firmex.com
- Reply URL: https://login.firmex.com/authenticate/saml
- Click Save.
- Firmex VDR application expects the SAML assertions in a specific format, which requires you to add custom attribute mappings to your SAML token attributes configuration. The following screenshot shows the list of default attributes.
- Change EmailAddress name value to email. Then click Save.
- Within the SAML Signing Certificate section, locate the Federation Metadata XML and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer. This will allow you to download a text version of the base64 public certificate.
- On the Set-up Firmex VDR section, copy the values from Login URL and Azure AD Identifier, as both will be used to SSO within the Firmex VDR instance
Step 3 - Adding users to the application
To access the Firmex application, you will need to grant access to the application to each user. These steps assume that the user has already been added to Azure Entra.
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications and select the Firmex VDR application.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and Groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and Groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select desired user to be added and click Select.
- If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click Select to continue.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.