The copy group function allows an Administrator to easily create new groups with the same permissions as an existing group within the same project. The users in the existing group will not be copied to the new group. Once the group is copied, users can be added to the group and changes can be made to the new group’s permission.
Why would I want to copy a group?
If you want to add users to the project whose access is similar to an existing group except for one or two folders, simply copy the existing group and change the access to the one or two folders before adding or moving the users to the newly copied group.
To copy a group
- Click the drop-down menu next to a group and choose Copy Group.
- Name the new group and optionally add a description.
- Click Save.
What is copied?
- Project Role and Default Content Role
- Custom content permissions that were applied to folders\documents
- Document protection settings (Default and Custom)