Firmex can provide all users with automatic email notifications whenever new documents are uploaded to a Firmex project. The email notifications are sent on a set frequency - for example, once a day or once an hour - and contain links to the newly uploaded documents. The emails are sent from the domain (@firmexpostmaster.com).
Only users with access to a document will be sent a notification. The frequency of notifications is initially set by the project's Administrator, and may be changed by each user to suit their needs.
To change or enable document activity notifications:
- Log in to your Firmex project.
- From the top-right corner, click your name and select Email Settings.
- Set your Frequency of Notification settings and click Save.
To change a new or exisitng user's notification frequency:
- When setting up a new user, in the "Set Notifications” step of the Add Users wizard, select the user's notification frequency.
- To change an existing user's notification frequency, from the project's Users tab, change the user's frequency by clicking the icon next to the user in the Notification column.
To enable or disable the Document Activity Notification engine in a project:
- In your project, click the Settings > Options tab.
- Enable Document Activity Notification.
- Click Save Changes.
Notify Users lets an Administrator manually push out an immediate notification to selected users who have access to a document, folder, or directory.
The notification will be sent as an email. Its subject and message may be customized, and always contains a link to the document, folder, or directory.
To Notify Groups and Users:
- In your project, right-click the document, folder, or directory you would like to notify users about.
- Select Notify Users.
- Click Add Users to select specific users. Otherwise, all users with access to the content will be notified.
- (Optional) Customize the Subject and Message
- Click Send. The notification is sent immediately.