When you first log into a project, you will be presented with the Documents tab:
- Click on a directory (grey colored folder) to expand its contents
- A folder with blue text indicates that it contains documents
- Left click the document name to view it in your browser or Right-Click and choose Download to download the document to your computer
If bulk download has been enabled by the Administrator, you can download more than one document at a time. Learn More.
How Quick View filters work
From the Documents tab, under the Document Sharing or Due Diligence heading, click Quick View. There are three Quick View filters available to every user:
Lists all documents in the directory.
Lists newly uploaded documents since the user’s last login.
- Unread Documents
Lists documents the user has not yet viewed or downloaded.
- New Since
Lists all documents added to the project within a date range.
Project Managers and Administrators can create Custom Quick Views for themselves or all of their users to utilize.
Filtering for folders and documents is a fast way of finding the information you want, while staying in the Documents tab.
To filter for an item, start typing in the Filter Folder or Filter Document area. Your results will begin to display as you type. When searching for folders, click on the result to jump to the location.
Documents can be sorted by any of the columns available in the documents tab.
A popular use of this feature is to find all the documents added from a certain date. To do so:
- Click on the Quick View > All filter
- Click on the column heading Date Added. If you don't see the column heading, you can click the Show/Hide Columns icon above the document list.
- Documents are now sorted by the date they were added to the data room. You can scroll through the pages to find the date you're interested in. If there are a lot of documents, you can increase the visible rows by changing the Show Rows dropdown menu at the bottom right.
- Log in & view documents
- Using search
- Using filters & quick view
- Bulk download documents
- Table of contents & data room index