Whether this is your first time managing a Firmex project, or your tenth, in this guide you'll learn how to effectively set up and manage your Firmex project. Perfect for any administrator just getting started.
By the end of this guide you'll be able to:
- Effectively prepare your material for your upcoming project
- Get an overview of how Firmex projects work
- Understand how information is organized in Firmex
- Find a balance between transparency and privacy in your project
Where Firmex fits
You can use your VDR for any number of use-cases. We've seen our VDR used for diligence, audits, investor reporting, and RFPs, to name a few. Regardless of the use-case, the building blocks of Firmex remain the same. A large number of confidential documents are being uploaded and reviewed between one or more parties inside and outside your company firewall.
Firmex centralizes that information and puts you in control of it.
Prepare for your project and what to expect
Our Client Services team has noticed time and time again – Administrators who prepare for their projects ahead of time consistently have data rooms that are set up correctly the first time, with less major changes and disruptions to their guests.
Prepare your folder structure for uploading
There are ways of structuring your information that make it both easy to permission, as well as easy for your guests to access. Watch the video below to understand how best to upload your diligence material.
Upload your folders & documents
Once your data is organized, you can choose between a number of ways to upload your information to Firmex.
Manage your folders & documents
Watch the video below to understand how to work with folders & documents in your project.
The video covers the following topics:
- Moving and copying folders & documents
- Renaming folders & documents
- Hiding sensitive information
- Versioning documents
Set up default groups and permissions
We recommend setting up groups & permissions in your project once your data has been uploaded. In this step, you will set up the placeholder - the container - to which you will later invite users. Each group or container may have different permissions set up for it.
Review permissions and invite users to your project
Once you have set up your groups and permissions, you may use the View As tool to double check your permissions by previewing your project as another group or user. Once you are satisfied that your permissions are set up correctly, you may invite users to your project.
Monitor your project activity using reports and listings
Reports answer the following questions:
- Which company or group has logged in, and which one hasn't?
- Which company or group is showing interest in the tax documentation?
- When did I invite a user to the project?
Listings provide the following:
- Show me all of the documents and folders in the Financials folder
- Show me all of the documents and folders in the project
- Provide me with a link to all of the documents and folders in the project