Step 1 - Create an application
Note: You may add the Firmex VDR app from the Azure Marketplace.
- Log in to Azure as an administrator using this URL (https://portal.azure.com/#home).
- From the left pane, select Azure Active Directory.
- Under Manage, select Enterprise applications.
- Click New Application.
- Select Add from the gallery and in the search box type Firmex VDR.
- Select Firmex VDR from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Step 2 - Set up SSO
- Under Manage, select Single Sign-On.
- Select SAML.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the Basic SAML Configuration.
Note: This information may already be pre-populated.
- Enter Identifier (Entity ID) and Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL). Then click Save.
Note: Azure uses Identifier as an Audience, which is firmex.com.
Note: ACS URL below
Next, click the pencil icon to edit User Attributes & Claims
- Change EmailAddress value to Email by clicking on the field and modifying the value and click Save.
- Download Federation Metadata XML and copy the X509Certificate value.
Note: The X509Certificate value is embedded in the XML file. Use an XML editor, or Notepad, to open the XML file, and then look for the <X509Certificate> tags. Copy the value between the tags.
- Copy the values from Login URL and Azure AD Identifier, as both of them will be used to configure SAML on Firmex side.
Step 3 - Adding users to the application
In order to access the Firmex application, you will need to grant access to the application to each user. You can create a new user for an environment, or add the application to an existing user’s profile.
- Under Manage click Users and Groups
- Click Add user or group
- Select the user that you want to add and click Save.
Proceed to configure the Firmex side and note the following Azure-specific terms when referring to the Firmex Configuration Guide:
- Entity ID = Azure AD Identifier
- Identity Provider URL = Login URL
- Federation Metadata XML > X509Certificate value = Public Key Certificate