As of February 2021, the Firmex Viewer has been optimized for viewing Excel documents. The Firmex Viewer now displays spreadsheets accurately, using the full width of the worksheet as one page width. The page height displayed in the Firmex Viewer is the default spreadsheet page height.
In this video you will learn how to optimize an Excel document for the Firmex Viewer. Optimizing a document means:
- Making the document legible for users when viewed in the Firmex Viewer.
- Leaving the document in Excel format in case users have the ability to download it, rather than convert the document to PDF.
Preview the document for the Firmex Viewer
- Open the original document in Excel
- Click on the View tab and change the Workbook View to Page Layout
This is how the Firmex Viewer will display the page breaks in your document. If you'd like to adjust where the page breaks are, continue to the next section.
Adjust the page breaks in Excel
- From the View tab in Excel, change the Workbook View to Normal
- Click the Page Layout tab and change the Width to 1 page
- (optional)Change the Orientation from Portrait to Landscape
- Preview the document again from the View tab > Page Layout
If you're happy with the way it looks, you can save the document, then upload it into Firmex for viewing in the Firmex Viewer.
If you have any questions or you'd like assistance, please contact Firmex Support.