To move users between groups
- In Firmex, click Groups & Users.
- On the left side of the Groups & Users page, click the group name containing the users you want to move. Alternatively, click All Users and find the users you want to move.
- Select the users you want to move using the checkboxes next to their name, and click Manage Users > Move Between Groups.
- Select the group to move the users into using the checkbox. Review the users you have selected by clicking the Users tab.
- Click Save to move the selected users to the selected group.
Warning: Proceed with caution when moving users between groups. There are two areas to consider:
- The current group’s project and default content roles may be different than the target group’s project and default content roles. The target group may be more permissive, or more restrictive. Moving users to a new group will give the users the target group’s project and default content role.
- Any existing folder permissions set for the selected users will be superseded by the target group’s folder permissions. This may mean that a folder that was previously hidden to the group may be revealed to them, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
Before moving users, we recommend using the View As tool, as well as the Reports > User Access > By Folder report to review user’s settings.