The zip file method of downloading allows you to bulk download documents in Firmex without the need for Java. After you request the download, Firmex compiles the content into one or more zip files, then you will be sent an email with links to the download.
For downloads over 1GB in size, the following software is required:
Note: You can download the entire project by right-clicking the top-most folder. This download may be very large - consider downloading the project in parts (10 GB Maximum) by downloading subfolders instead.
- Right-click the folder you want to download. Then, select Download.
Select the Zip File option. Leave the Download Options unselected, and click Request ZIP File.
- Firmex is processing your bulk download. Leave the Docexchange window open and let the status bar reach a status of Complete. If you receive a warning message, please see troubleshooting below.
- Once the Docexchange reaches a status of Complete, you may click the bulk download link directly from the Docexchange. Alternatively, Firmex will send you an email containing your bulk download link. In the email, click the link “Part 1 of 1” and download the .zip file to your computer. If the Docexchange or email contains multiple parts, download all of the parts to a single folder on your computer.
- (For downloads containing 1 part)
Once the file is downloaded, right-click the .zip file and choose Extract All (this wording may change if you have WinRar or WinZip installed). Follow the Windows instructions to extract the file to a location of your choice.
- (For downloads containing multiple parts, first install WinZip, WinRAR, or PKZip)
Once all of the parts are downloaded to a single folder on your computer, you will see one .zip file and multiple .z01, .z02, etc. files. Right-click the .zip file and choose WinZip > Extract to here (if you’ve installed WinRAR or PKZip, the wording may be slightly different). WinZip extracts the contents of the .zip file as well as the .z01, .z02, etc. files. Please refer to this article for additional instructions.
- The extracted content contains an interactive web-page of your project, and a folder structure containing your project’s documents. Both may be copied to a DVD or USB for backup purposes.
Warning Message: "The destination folder path is too long"
If you see this message, it's because the combined folder and file path is too long to be compiled into a zip file. Please use one of the following download methods instead:
- Document Exchange for Desktop (If the Document Exchange application is not available to you, please contact Firmex Support)
- Direct to Disk method (requires Internet Explorer and Java installed)
Message: "An identical download request is being processed. Please submit another request after it has been completed"
If you receive this message, it's because you've already requested an identical download that is currently being compiled into zip format. The progress of your zip files will be shown in a separate window called the DocExchange. If you are not able to see the DocExchange window, it may be blocked by your browser's pop-up blocker. To manually open the window, click the open in new window icon at the bottom right of Firmex.
Once the zip file process has completed, you will be given links to download the files in the DocExchange window. If you have more than one part to download, follow the directions on how to handle multi-part zip files.
If the download is larger than 5 GB, consider using the Document Exchange for Desktop tool to download directly to your hard drive.
- Log in & view documents
- Reviewing documents efficiently
- Using search
- Using filters & quick view
- Table of contents & data room index